- Developer, FTC settle charges that flashlight app secretly sold … The Canadian Press - Thu, 5 Dec, 2013
WASHINGTON - The maker of a popular Android mobile app that turns your phone into a flashlight has agreed to settle the Federal Trade Commission's charges that the software secretly supplied cellphone locations to marketers, even when consumers rejected its terms of service. The settlement against Goldenshores Technologies …
- Gadgetry has you covered so you won't miss a second of first … The Canadian Press - Fri, 29 Nov, 2013
LOS ANGELES, Calif. - Whether you're on a beer run, a bathroom break or just can't find a good seat at a packed party, there will be ways to keep tabs on the upcoming Super Bowl. Like Peyton Manning, sometimes you have to call an audible and change plans quickly. For the last two years, the app has also carried the Super …
- BlackBerry: The battle BBM Channels will face Fin - Dashboard - CA - Wed, 27 Nov, 2013
- Selfie leads Winnipeg police to teen robbery suspects CBC - Thu, 21 Nov, 2013
An unfortunate selfie and an iPhone app helped Winnipeg police track down three teen suspects after a pair of violent robberies on Tuesday.
- Apple, Google in platform war over mobile, author says CBC - Thu, 14 Nov, 2013
Apple and Google are poaching each other’s employees, wooing each other’s app developers and taking each other to court in a bid to ensure their share of the mobile market, a story told in Fred Vogelstein's Dogfight.
- Review: Chromecast a cheap, promising device for streaming but … The Canadian Press - Wed, 30 Oct, 2013
I really, really wanted to like Google's new streaming tool, the Chromecast. For just $35, the small device — which looks like an oversized USB key — lets you stream Netflix, YouTube and Google Play content onto your TV. You can also project a Google Chrome browsing session from a laptop onto your big screen, which opens …
- Comcast to add 35 live TV channels, including ESPN, CNN and Fox … The Canadian Press - Tue, 29 Oct, 2013
PHILADELPHIA - Comcast said Tuesday that it is updating its mobile viewing app, Xfinity TV Go, to allow subscribers to watch popular channels such as CNN, Fox News, Disney Channel, CNBC, ESPN and FX on the go.
- Bitstrips for Android, iOS boosts the app you’ve never heard … The Right Click - Fri, 25 Oct, 2013
- BlackBerry's 5-star BBM app reviews reportedly fake CBC - Wed, 23 Oct, 2013
- The Battery audio tour through an iPhone app CBC - Tue, 22 Oct, 2013
- How To Apply False Eyelashes Flare - Tue, 22 Oct, 2013
- BlackBerry defines its 'prosumer' target market: communications … The Canadian Press - Fri, 18 Oct, 2013
TORONTO - Long battered by complaints that it lacks the latest and greatest apps to attract consumers and keep them entertained, BlackBerry hopes the customers it's now focusing on just don't care about the dreaded "app gap."
- Victoria police launch mobile crime fighting app CBC - Wed, 16 Oct, 2013
Victoria police have released a mobile phone app to help them fight crime in the city, joining the Toronto police as the only two forces using an app of this kind in Canada.
- Royal Ontario Museum in Toronto unveils app for interactive look … The Canadian Press - Wed, 2 Oct, 2013
TORONTO - The Royal Ontario Museum unveiled a new app Wednesday that allows visitors to get a more interactive look at some exhibits, including X-ray views of mummies and a close glimpse into a dinosaur's mouth.
- Facebook expands ad service for app developers Reuters - Tue, 1 Oct, 2013
By Alexei Oreskovic SAN FRANCISCO (Reuters) - Facebook Inc is expanding an advertising service aimed at developers of smartphone and tablet apps, the social network's latest move to bolster its fast-growing mobile business. Facebook's so-called mobile app ads - which allow companies to promote their mobile apps to Facebook's …
- London Times to drop BlackBerry app CBC - Tue, 1 Oct, 2013
Britain's The Times newspaper said on Tuesday it would no longer make its mobile app available on a BlackBerry because few people used it, in another sign that rival smartphone makers are trumping its technology.
- This week's top 10 paid and free apps for iPhone and iPad on … The Canadian Press - Tue, 1 Oct, 2013
App Store Official Charts for the week ending Sept. 30, 2013:
- Apple Maps app directs drivers to runway at Alaska airport; 2 … The Canadian Press - Thu, 26 Sep, 2013
- Review: Past the cosmetic changes, new iOS 7 offers new features … The Canadian Press - Wed, 18 Sep, 2013
MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif. - The changes to Apple's iOS software became apparent as I drove to the headquarters of the company's rival, Google. As I navigated using Apple's mapping app, I noticed one of my favourite attributes was missing: the directions for each next turn presented in green boxes that resemble highway sign …
- Full coverage: Nelson Mandela dies at 95
- Mandela: watched by the world, he acted out his vision of a better S. AfricaChristian Science Monitor - 19 hours ago
- Mandela colleague thanks Canada for help building post-apartheid governmentThe Canadian Press - 15 hours ago
- Song, dance, tears, prayer: South Africa celebrates Mandela's life and legacyThe Canadian Press - 15 hours ago
- Students at school named for Nelson Mandela honour the iconic statesmanThe Canadian Press - 19 hours ago
- Blogger Nikki Finke uses Mandela’s death to promote biopic, Twitter does not approveDaily Buzz - 23 hours ago