It turns out, vodka cures more than just a broken heart!
Just ask Charlie, a Maltese terrier from Australia whose life was saved thanks to the popular alcoholic beverage.
Having ingested Ethylene Glycol, a product commonly found in radiator and brake fluids, Charlie was sent to the vet with a case of Ethylene Glycol poisoning.
Because it tastes sweet, it is not uncommon for dogs to lick some of this poisonous product that's typically found in the garage. The problem is, the stuff is toxic to animals and causes kidney failure.
"In Australia, the only antidote we have is alcohol," staff from Melbourne’s Animal Accident & Emergency wrote on their blog.
Veterinarians had to insert a tube through Charlie’s nose and into his stomach. Throughout the course of two days, Charlie was given large doses of vodka.
In fact, it seems while Charlie was sedated from the alcohol, the staff had a little party of theirRead More »from Veterinarians use vodka to save poisoned dog’s life