- Finance minister Jim Flaherty tweets his budget day, feds make process more accessible Canada Politics - Thu, 21 Mar, 2013
The Harper government is doing something a little different with Budget 2013. They're using social media and technology to make 'budget day' a little more public friendly. [ Related: What should Flaherty’s federal budget priorities be? ] On social media, … Continue reading →
- Calgary's mayor, energy sector react to federal budget CBC - Thu, 21 Mar, 2013
- 5 items to watch for in the federal budget CBC - Thu, 21 Mar, 2013
With a need for skills training and federal infrastructure cash about to run out, here are five items to watch for in the 2013 budget. CBCNews.ca provides live coverage starting at 2 p.m. ET of Finance Minister Jim Flaherty's tabling of the budget in the House of Commons.
- MP fears more federal job cuts CBC - Thu, 21 Mar, 2013
- Raise taxes and avoid cuts, group tells Dunderdale CBC - Thu, 21 Mar, 2013
- Budget watchdog's swansong is a day in court CBC - Thu, 21 Mar, 2013
Parliamentary Budget Officer Kevin Page is taking the government to Federal Court to argue his right to access documents, and to clarify his office's mandate.
- Federal budget likely to boost Windsor's skilled labour CBC - Thu, 21 Mar, 2013
- Will Budget 2013 be Jim Flaherty’s final budget? Canada Politics - Wed, 20 Mar, 2013
It could be a result of having to report on the minutia of day-to-day Parliamentary business or maybe it's bit of mischievousness on their part: Those in the Ottawa bubble have been known to create their share of bad rumours … Continue reading →
- New government commercial hints at what Budget may include Canada Politics - Tue, 19 Mar, 2013
- What should Flaherty’s federal budget priorities be? Pulse of Canada - Wed, 20 Mar, 2013
- P.E.I. looks to hold on to skills training money CBC - Wed, 20 Mar, 2013
- Flaherty confident about budget amid uplifting job numbers CBC - Fri, 8 Mar, 2013
Finance Minister Jim Flaherty emerged from his meeting with private sector economists on Friday insisting the federal government was still on track to balance the federal budget by 2015, despite the likelihood of "significant" revenue losses in a softening economy.
- Public sector union launches all-out attack against the Harper government Canada Politics - Fri, 15 Mar, 2013
The battle between Canada's unions and the Harper government continues. As explained by Rabble.ca, the Public Service Alliance of Canada (PSAC) — Canada's largest public sector union — is rolling out a series of videos, each highlighting services that will … Continue …
- New Democrats launch a budget campaign: ‘Canadians don’t want austerity’ Canada Politics - Mon, 18 Mar, 2013
- NDP calls on Tories for more transit, health-care funding CBC - Mon, 18 Mar, 2013
The NDP is calling on the Conservative government to fund transit, pensions and health care for veterans in the 2013 federal budget, the party's finance critics said Monday.