- Man dead, wife in hospital after Rockland bedroom fire CBC - 1 hour 58 minutes ago
A fire inside a bedroom at a Rockland apartment, east of Ottawa, left one man dead and sent his wife to hospital with smoke inhalation, according to the area's fire chief.
- Riverside Drive crash sends car over railing and into creek CBC - 2 hours 1 minute ago
- Woman wins car in Roll Up the Rim contest while waiting in ER CBC - 2 hours 21 minutes ago
- Ottawa police officer charged with assault in domestic incident CBC - 2 hours 36 minutes ago
Ottawa police have charged one of their own officers after a domestic incident on Saturday morning.
- Arrests made in Nova Scotia church break-ins CBC - 4 hours ago
Police in Ontario have arrested two men accused of breaking into Nova Scotia churches in Antigonish County and Cape Breton.
- 54 people inhale chlorine at Ottawa hotel pool, 3 in hospital CBC - 5 hours ago
- Ottawa news quiz for week of March 3 CBC - 10 hours ago
- Devery Jacobs one to watch at Canadian Screen Awards CBC - 10 hours ago
Devery Jacobs, a Mohawk from the Kahnawake reserve south of Montreal, has been nominated for Best Performance by an Actress in a Leading Role for her role in Rhymes for Young Ghouls at the Canadian Screen Awards.
- Dieting debate focus of Ottawa doctor's new book CBC - 10 hours ago
This week's episode of Our Ottawa, a new weekly magazine program on CBC Television, features an Ottawa doctor's take on the best diet for you, plus an Ottawa Olympian discusses his dangerous crash in Sochi.
- Lev Tahor sect members on the run sent back to Canada CBC - 17 hours ago
Nine members of the ultra-orthodox Jewish sect Lev Tahor who fled Canada earlier this week have been put on a plane to Toronto, CBC has learned.
- Leafs honour Canadian Olympians in pre-game ceremony CBC - 17 hours ago
The Toronto Maple Leafs held a special pre-game ceremony to honour Canadian Olympic medallists from the 2014 Sochi Winter Games last month.
- Hamilton company hedging bets on new kind of gamepad CBC - Sat, 8 Mar, 2014
Hamilton-area tech startup Tivitas is trying to do the impossible — bridge the gap between console gamers and PC gaming die-hards. And so far, they've raised more than $86,000 on Kickstarter to fund the Sinister gamepad, which they say does just that.
- Athletes to watch: 5 Ottawa Paralympians in Sochi CBC - Sat, 8 Mar, 2014
From Canada's youngest Paralympian to a 39-year-old skier with her arm, shoulder, collarbone and part of her chest amputated, Ottawa's hopes are high for local athletes at the 2014 Winter Paralympic Games in Sochi.
- Ottawa man caught driving 190 km/h has Jaguar impounded CBC - Sat, 8 Mar, 2014
A 24-year-old Ottawa man was charged with stunt driving, had his licence suspended and his black 2010 Jaguar impounded after he was caught driving 190 kilometres per hour, police say.
- After collision, Hamilton driver blows 3 times legal limit CBC - Sat, 8 Mar, 2014
- CAQ's Legault pledges to abolish school boards CBC - Sat, 8 Mar, 2014
- 5 things to watch for as Jets get set for Sens CBC - Sat, 8 Mar, 2014
The Winnipeg Jets will look to bounce back from consecutive losses at home earlier this week when they welcome the Ottawa Senators to town Saturday afternoon.
Central News Headlines
- Man dead, wife in hospital after Rockland bedroom fire1 hour 58 minutes ago
- Riverside Drive crash sends car over railing and into creek2 hours 1 minute ago
- Ottawa police officer charged with assault in domestic incident2 hours 36 minutes ago
- Ottawa news quiz for week of March 310 hours ago
- Sold out crowd greets Trace Adkins at Caesars WindsorMon, 21 Nov, 2011
- Khokhlachev leads Spits to 5-2 victory over GeneralsMon, 21 Nov, 2011
- Windsor-made product drives cleaning revolution at hospitalMon, 21 Nov, 2011
- Shopping frenzy on FridayMon, 21 Nov, 2011
- Healthy cafeterias? Gross, say Windsor studentsFri, 18 Nov, 2011