A dog has been blamed for setting a house on fire in Saskatoon on Sunday.
It happened around 4 p.m. CST at 306 Vancouver Ave. N. on the west side of the city.
Fire crews went to the house after getting a call from an alarm company.
When they got there, they found the house full of smoke, with flames in the kitchen and the cupboards on fire.
There was nobody home — just two dogs.
The fire was quickly extinguished and the dogs were not injured.
The cause is probably a first for the Saskatoon fire department.
After investigating, fire officials concluded that somehow one of the dogs had turned on one of the stove burners, which ignited materials on the stove.
The damage is estimated at about $15,000.