- Jobs go west as Imperial Oil converts Nova Scotia refinery to terminal operation The Canadian Press - 1 hour 52 minutes ago
- New Brunswickers split over shale gas, poll finds CBC - 3 hours ago
New Brunswick residents are split on the importance of shale gas development to the province's economic future and many are concerned about its safety, according to a new survey by Corporate Research Associates Inc.
- Statoil makes 2nd find in new frontier off Newfoundland CBC - 4 hours ago
Statoil says it has discovered light, high-quality oil in the Flemish Pass basin 500 kilometres northeast of St. John’s, raising hopes for an as-yet-untapped part of the Newfoundland offshore.
- Farmers get crop rotation education CBC - 5 hours ago
- Statoil assessing offshore oil discovery 500 km northeast of St. John's, N.L. The Canadian Press - 8 hours ago
- Dead whale washes up at West Cape CBC - 9 hours ago
- Chiefs want 'sensible solutions' in shale gas sector CBC - 9 hours ago
- Statue to honour Mi'kmaq runner CBC - 10 hours ago
The town of Stratford, P.E.I. is building a statue and fountain on its waterfront to recognize the diversity of its heritage, and to honour in particular Mi'kmaq runner Michael Thomas.
- Missing terns on Machias Seal Island baffle researchers CBC - 10 hours ago
For 150 years, terns have always come back to Machias Seal Island, but researchers are trying to find out why they are no longer returning to the tiny island located between New Brunswick and Maine.
- N.L. may release royalty info now blocked by Bill 29 CBC - 11 hours ago
The Newfoundland and Labrador government could reverse a decision legislated last year and release details in the future on royalties paid to the provincial treasury.
- Premier calls for scandal-plagued MLA to step down CBC - 19 hours ago
Nova Scotia Premier Darrell Dexter is giving convicted MLA Trevor Zinck time to resign and holding out the threat of expulsion if he doesn't quit.
- New Brunswick health minister says catastrophic drug plan on the way The Canadian Press - 23 hours ago
FREDERICTON - New Brunswick's health minister says he expects to begin rolling out parts of a catastrophic drug program as early as this fall.
- Newfoundland and Labrador premier talks up new offshore rules before China trip The Canadian Press - Tue, 18 Jun, 2013
ST. JOHN'S, N.L. - Newfoundland and Labrador is working with regulators to revamp licensing rules for offshore oil exploration, Premier Kathy Dunderdale said Tuesday before leading a trade mission to China to drum up offshore oil and mining investments.
- Province urged to deal with shale-gas protests CBC - Tue, 18 Jun, 2013
- Advocate fundraises to help male sexual abuse survivors CBC - Tue, 18 Jun, 2013
A P.E.I. man is fundraising for a creative writing workshop to help male victims of sexual assault.
- Petition calls for fisheries minister resignation CBC - Tue, 18 Jun, 2013
- NSP looks to U.S. to cover natural gas ‘uncertainties’ CBC - Tue, 18 Jun, 2013
Nova Scotia Power is negotiating with pipeline companies in the United States to import natural gas to produce electricity.