- From scandal-plagued politicians to natural disasters, a look back at 2013 Mon, 30 Dec, 2013
An in-brief look back at some of the most significant news events of the last 12 months, in chronological order: More »From scandal-plagued politicians to natural disasters, a look back at 2013
An in-brief look back at some of the most significant news events of the last 12 months, in chronological order:
- Man who helped rescue 3 women held captive in Cleveland house gets book deal for memoir Sun, 22 Dec, 2013
CLEVELAND - The man who famously put aside his Big Mac to help rescue three women held captive in a Cleveland house for over a decade has signed a contract to publish … More »Man who helped rescue 3 women held captive in Cleveland house gets book deal for memoir
CLEVELAND - The man who famously put aside his Big Mac to help rescue three women held captive in a Cleveland house for over a decade has signed a contract to publish his memoirs. Charles Ramsey signed the deal with the Cleveland publisher David Gray & Co. on Thursday. Amanda Berry, Gina DeJesus and Michelle Knight and …
- Ohio kidnapper may have died in cell during sex act: state probe Thu, 10 Oct, 2013
By Kim Palmer CLEVELAND (Reuters) - Cleveland kidnapper Ariel Castro, found hanging in his prison cell last month, may not have committed suicide but died accidentally … More »Ohio kidnapper may have died in cell during sex act: state probe
By Kim Palmer CLEVELAND (Reuters) - Cleveland kidnapper Ariel Castro, found hanging in his prison cell last month, may not have committed suicide but died accidentally while performing a sex act, an Ohio state investigative report suggested on Thursday. The report by the Ohio Department of Rehabilitation and Correction …
- Ariel Castro testimony rejected by experts: 'He is not sick' Sat, 3 Aug, 2013
Ariel Castro's rambling, 16-minute statement in court has shed some light on the type of person he is, experts say: a likely sexual sadist who knew exactly what he was … More »Ariel Castro testimony rejected by experts: 'He is not sick'
- Ariel Castro: 'I'm not a monster, I'm sick' Thu, 1 Aug, 2013
Former bus driver Ariel Castro blamed a sex addiction for his crimes before receiving a life sentence with no chance of parole in a shocking kidnapping, torture and rape of three women he imprisoned in his Cleveland home for over a decade.
- Ariel Castro in his own words Thu, 1 Aug, 2013
Ariel Castro, who pleaded guilty to the abduction, rape and torture of three women in Cleveland that he kept in his house for more than a decade, was sentenced Thursday to a life term with no chance of parole, plus 1,000 years. He addressed the court before his sentencing.
- Cleveland kidnapper gets life without parole, plus 1,000 years Thu, 1 Aug, 2013
Ariel Castro was sentenced to life without parole on the charge of aggravated murder Thursday and received multiple years on various other charges related to kidnap and rape that totaled 1,000 years.
They suffered for a decade, and he’ll pay for it for the rest of his life. Former school bus driver Ariel Castro pleaded guilty on Friday to kidnapping and raping three Cleveland women, in a missing persons case that galvanized … Continue reading →
- Houston police say 8 found captive in home up to a decade Fri, 19 Jul, 2013
Police say four men and four women were found captive in a north Houston home, with some held up to a decade, according to a report that comes two months after three women held up to 10 years in a Cleveland home were released.
- Public message from Cleveland kidnapping victims a sign of recovery Tue, 9 Jul, 2013
Three Cleveland women who were rescued earlier this year after being held captive for more than a decade spoke publicly for the first time on Tuesday, releasing a video that thanked the public for its support and thanked it for … Continue reading →
- Cleveland kidnap hero Charles Ramsey offered free burgers for life Thu, 23 May, 2013
- Ariel Castro's house to be surrounded by security fence Mon, 13 May, 2013
An imposing, 10-foot privacy fence will soon guard the home of Cleveland rape and kidnapping suspect Ariel Castro, with windows and doors boarded shut to keep people out of the place that police say was once meant only to keep people in.
- Must-see videos of the week – May 10 Fri, 10 May, 2013
- Charles Ramsey glorified in too-many-to-count Internet memes Fri, 10 May, 2013
As a harrowing story unfolds in Ohio this week around three women who say they were held captive in a Cleveland house for a decade, the media and the public have chosen a hero to elevate to Internet stardom. Charles … Continue reading →
- How were the Cleveland women held captive for so long? Thu, 9 May, 2013
Law enforcement and psychology experts looking at the Cleveland abduction case say it was likely a combination of intimidation, luck and so-called 'Stockholm syndrome' that made it possible for three women to be held captive for a decade.
- Ariel Castro charged with kidnapping, rape in Cleveland case Wed, 8 May, 2013
A prosecutor in Cleveland says Ariel Castro, the man who owned the house where police believe three women were detained for years, is being charged with four counts of kidnapping and three counts of rape.
- 2 abducted Cleveland women return to their homes Wed, 8 May, 2013
The family of Gina DeJesus, one of three women held in a Cleveland home for about a decade, is speaking LIVE now on CBCNews.ca
- Amanda Berry 911 call under review Wed, 8 May, 2013
The actions of the 911 operator who took the frantic phone call from Amanda Berry that ultimately led to her rescue, along with two other women, are under review following complaints from the public, according to a statement from a city official in Cleveland.
- Child abductions by strangers rare in Canada Wed, 8 May, 2013
Case of the missing Ohio women
1 - 4 of 16