- Psychic Sylvia Browne, who gained fame with TV appearances, dies at 77 in California Thu, 21 Nov, 2013
SAN FRANCISCO - Sylvia Browne once said she was just 3 when she discovered she could look into the future and know what was coming. For the next 74 years, Browne claimed … More »Psychic Sylvia Browne, who gained fame with TV appearances, dies at 77 in California
SAN FRANCISCO - Sylvia Browne once said she was just 3 when she discovered she could look into the future and know what was coming. For the next 74 years, Browne claimed to do just that, predicting who would win elections, which celebrities would be getting married, splitting up or having babies, and whether people who …
- Ohio victim: Kidnapper Ariel Castro took 'coward's way out' in prison death ruled suicide Wed, 6 Nov, 2013
CLEVELAND - One of three women held for a decade in a Cleveland home says kidnapper Ariel Castro took the "coward's way out" when he died in prison in what was ruled … More »Ohio victim: Kidnapper Ariel Castro took 'coward's way out' in prison death ruled suicide
CLEVELAND - One of three women held for a decade in a Cleveland home says kidnapper Ariel Castro took the "coward's way out" when he died in prison in what was ruled as a suicide. Michelle Knight spoke of being beaten, chained and sexually and emotionally abused in a taped interview that aired Wednesday on the "Dr Phil" …
- Ohio kidnap survivor tells 'Dr. Phil' she was bound with extension cord, strung 'like a fish' Tue, 5 Nov, 2013
CLEVELAND - One of three women held in a Cleveland man's home for about a decade says an orange extension cord was used to tie her neck, hands and feet and hang her "like … More »Ohio kidnap survivor tells 'Dr. Phil' she was bound with extension cord, strung 'like a fish'
CLEVELAND - One of three women held in a Cleveland man's home for about a decade says an orange extension cord was used to tie her neck, hands and feet and hang her "like a fish," according to pre-released clips from a taped interview that will air Tuesday and Wednesday on the "Dr. Phil" TV talk show. "I was tied up like …
- Ohio kidnap survivor sits down with Dr. Phil for 2-part TV interview describing torture, abuse Sat, 2 Nov, 2013
Michelle Knight will appear on the "Dr. Phil" TV talk show Tuesday and Wednesday in a taped interview. The show says Knight "describes the horrible conditions in the … More »Ohio kidnap survivor sits down with Dr. Phil for 2-part TV interview describing torture, abuse
Michelle Knight will appear on the "Dr. Phil" TV talk show Tuesday and Wednesday in a taped interview. The show says Knight "describes the horrible conditions in the house" and discusses her physical, mental and sexual abuse. Knight, Amanda Berry and Gina DeJesus escaped May 6 when Berry pushed out a door and yelled for …
- Survivors of Cleveland kidnapping working with Washington Post reporters on book about ordeal Mon, 21 Oct, 2013
NEW YORK, N.Y. - Two of the three women held captive for a decade in a Cleveland house are collaborating with a Pulitzer Prize-winning team of Washington Post reporters for a planned book about their ordeal.
- Ohio kidnapper may have died in cell during sex act: state probe Thu, 10 Oct, 2013
By Kim Palmer CLEVELAND (Reuters) - Cleveland kidnapper Ariel Castro, found hanging in his prison cell last month, may not have committed suicide but died accidentally while performing a sex act, an Ohio state investigative report suggested on Thursday. The report by the Ohio Department of Rehabilitation and Correction …
- Ariel Castro testimony rejected by experts: 'He is not sick' Sat, 3 Aug, 2013
- Ariel Castro: 'I'm not a monster, I'm sick' Thu, 1 Aug, 2013
Former bus driver Ariel Castro blamed a sex addiction for his crimes before receiving a life sentence with no chance of parole in a shocking kidnapping, torture and rape of three women he imprisoned in his Cleveland home for over a decade.
- Ariel Castro in his own words Thu, 1 Aug, 2013
Ariel Castro, who pleaded guilty to the abduction, rape and torture of three women in Cleveland that he kept in his house for more than a decade, was sentenced Thursday to a life term with no chance of parole, plus 1,000 years. He addressed the court before his sentencing.
- Cleveland kidnapper gets life without parole, plus 1,000 years Thu, 1 Aug, 2013
Ariel Castro was sentenced to life without parole on the charge of aggravated murder Thursday and received multiple years on various other charges related to kidnap and rape that totaled 1,000 years.
They suffered for a decade, and he’ll pay for it for the rest of his life. Former school bus driver Ariel Castro pleaded guilty on Friday to kidnapping and raping three Cleveland women, in a missing persons case that galvanized … Continue reading →
- Houston police say 8 found captive in home up to a decade Fri, 19 Jul, 2013
Police say four men and four women were found captive in a north Houston home, with some held up to a decade, according to a report that comes two months after three women held up to 10 years in a Cleveland home were released.
- Public message from Cleveland kidnapping victims a sign of recovery Tue, 9 Jul, 2013
Three Cleveland women who were rescued earlier this year after being held captive for more than a decade spoke publicly for the first time on Tuesday, releasing a video that thanked the public for its support and thanked it for … Continue reading →
- Cleveland kidnap hero Charles Ramsey offered free burgers for life Thu, 23 May, 2013
- Ariel Castro's house to be surrounded by security fence Mon, 13 May, 2013
An imposing, 10-foot privacy fence will soon guard the home of Cleveland rape and kidnapping suspect Ariel Castro, with windows and doors boarded shut to keep people out of the place that police say was once meant only to keep people in.
- Must-see videos of the week – May 10 Fri, 10 May, 2013
- Charles Ramsey glorified in too-many-to-count Internet memes Fri, 10 May, 2013
As a harrowing story unfolds in Ohio this week around three women who say they were held captive in a Cleveland house for a decade, the media and the public have chosen a hero to elevate to Internet stardom. Charles … Continue reading →
- How were the Cleveland women held captive for so long? Thu, 9 May, 2013
Law enforcement and psychology experts looking at the Cleveland abduction case say it was likely a combination of intimidation, luck and so-called 'Stockholm syndrome' that made it possible for three women to be held captive for a decade.
- Ariel Castro charged with kidnapping, rape in Cleveland case Wed, 8 May, 2013
A prosecutor in Cleveland says Ariel Castro, the man who owned the house where police believe three women were detained for years, is being charged with four counts of kidnapping and three counts of rape.
- Full coverage: Nelson Mandela dies at 95
- The quotable Nelson MandelaDaily Brew - 11 hours ago
- Nelson Mandela, revered statesman and anti-apartheid leader, dies at 95Yahoo News - 11 hours ago
- Video highlights of some of Nelson Mandela's finest momentsYahoo Canada News - 10 hours ago
- Canadian politicians react to death of Nelson MandelaCanada Politics - 10 hours ago
- Nelson Mandela’s death felt in Canada, his ‘home away from home’Daily Brew - 11 hours ago
Case of the missing Ohio women
1 - 4 of 15