- Full coverage: Nelson Mandela dies at 95
- The quotable Nelson MandelaDaily Brew - 11 hours ago
- Nelson Mandela, revered statesman and anti-apartheid leader, dies at 95Yahoo News - 11 hours ago
- Video highlights of some of Nelson Mandela's finest momentsYahoo Canada News - 10 hours ago
- Canadian politicians react to death of Nelson MandelaCanada Politics - 10 hours ago
- Nelson Mandela’s death felt in Canada, his ‘home away from home’Daily Brew - 11 hours ago
Five travel destinations in your own backyard for 2013
16 million people from other countries came to Canada to vacation in 2011, and 16 million people can't be wrong. From sightseeing the lighthouses of Newfoundland to skiing the mountains of B.C., this big land has a lot to offer.
For Giller prize-winning novelist and travel writer Will Ferguson, the ultimate vacation would take him from sea to shining sea, although the typical tourist stops are not on his list of travel recommendations. Ferguson would make sightseeing stops in places like Vegreville, Alta., where he would see a giant Ukrainian Easter egg, and O'Leary, P.E.I., where he would visit the Canadian Potato Museum and the four-metre Giant Potato.This story originally appeared as a Canadian Press story here.
Photos of the Day