- Full coverage: Nelson Mandela dies at 95
- Madiba, Tata and more: a look at Nelson Mandela's namesThe Canadian Press - 1 hour 7 minutes ago
- The world remembers Mandela: an icon, hero and flawed humanThe Canadian Press - 3 hours ago
- Few heirs to Nelson Mandela's powerful symbol of freedomThe Canadian Press - 3 hours ago
- S.Africans hold day of prayer for Mandela ahead of big memorialThe Canadian Press - 9 minutes ago
Humanoid robot comes to life
Meet Roboy, “one of the most advanced humanoid robots,” say researchers at the Artificial Intelligence Laboratory of the University of Zurich. Over 40 engineers and scientists are constructing Roboy as a tendon-driven robot modeled on human beings (robots usually have their motors in their joints, giving them that “robot” break-dance look), so it will move almost as elegantly as a human. Roboy will be a “service robot,” meaning it will execute services independently for the convenience of human beings, as in the movie Robot & Frank.
Photos of the Day