- Full coverage: Nelson Mandela dies at 95
- Harper travels to South Africa to pay final respects to Nelson MandelaThe Canadian Press - 50 minutes ago
- Madiba, Tata and more: a look at Nelson Mandela's namesThe Canadian Press - 6 hours ago
- The world remembers Mandela: an icon, hero and flawed humanThe Canadian Press - 8 hours ago
- Few heirs to Nelson Mandela's powerful symbol of freedomThe Canadian Press - 8 hours ago
An estimated 250,000 people in besieged communities in Syria remain beyond the reach of aid, the U.N, humanitarian chief said Tuesday in a closed-door Security Council briefing that one member called "chilling."
Deep divisions in the council have kept it from taking more action on the 2 ½-year-old civil war that activists say has killed more than 120,000 people. Valerie Amos' task has been to tell the world body about the worsening conditions for millions of civilians in Syria — and how difficult it is to reach them. (AP)
Photos of the Day