- Friendship Inn seeks winter clothing donations Saskatoon StarPhoenix - Mon, 21 Nov, 2011
The Saskatoon Friendship Inn has noticed many of its clients coming in for meals without proper winter clothing and is asking the community for apparel donations to keep these people safe for the winter.
- Magna Electric Corp. named 2011 business of the year Saskatoon StarPhoenix - Mon, 21 Nov, 2011
Magna Electric Corporation was the big winner at the 2011 ABEX Awards, taking home Business of the Year and the Growth and Expansion award.
- Charter issues play into guilty plea Saskatoon StarPhoenix - Thu, 17 Nov, 2011
A man who was found by police with a backpack full of drugs is getting a lighter sentence than usual after neither the Crown nor defence wanted to "roll the dice" on a trial.
- Cellphone name alerts police to suspect Saskatoon StarPhoenix - Wed, 16 Nov, 2011
A man who wasn't the initial target of a police search of his house found himself securely on their radar after they took a look at his confiscated cellphone.
- Panhandlers could face civilian patrols Saskatoon StarPhoenix - Tue, 15 Nov, 2011
Saskatoon's panhandling task force is recommending the city hire five civilian officers next year to patrol the streets in areas where people feel the most unsafe and put people with addiction and mental health issues in touch with social agencies.
- Saskatoon woman admits guilt in death of 17-month-old daughter Saskatoon StarPhoenix - Tue, 15 Nov, 2011
A 29-year-old Saskatoon woman has pleaded guilty in connection with the death of her 17-month-old daughter nearly five years ago.
- Children's advocate to examine gov't actions Saskatoon StarPhoenix - Tue, 15 Nov, 2011
The provincial children's advocate office has launched a "case assessment" after a judge issued a ruling with a scathing criticism of how Social Services dealt with a mother who was trying to regain custody of her children.
- Montreal Lake band office, RCMP detachment on fire Saskatoon StarPhoenix - Mon, 14 Nov, 2011
The Montreal Lake First Nations band office, along with the community’s RCMP detachment, were both on fire Monday morning.
- Alleged victim exhibited signs of 'frozen fright' Saskatoon StarPhoenix - Thu, 10 Nov, 2011
An American expert on human captivity says Dustin Paxton's alleged victim could have been conditioned into captivity through violence and "traumatic bonding," court heard Wednesday.
- Moose Jaw man finds piece of Saskatoon on 'hallowed ground' Saskatoon StarPhoenix - Wed, 9 Nov, 2011
The sacrifice and pride of Canadian veterans hit home for a Moose Jaw man when he discovered a memento of a Saskatoon battalion left in a cave from the First World War.
- Group gardens help Calgarians achieve sense of community Calgary Herald - Wed, 12 Oct, 2011
- Cabinet hopefuls on 'pins and needles' Calgary Herald - Wed, 12 Oct, 2011
As Premier Alison Redford announces her cabinet this morning, she will walk a fine line of including fellow Tories bested in the Tory leadership race and MLAs with experience running government, while still living up to her promise of party renewal and change, say political scientists.
- New faces along with veterans in Redford cabinet Edmonton Journal - Wed, 12 Oct, 2011
- Police seeking identity of human remains found near Innisfail Calgary Herald - Wed, 12 Oct, 2011
Investigators are working to identify human remains found in central Alberta over the weekend. The remains were found Sunday morning at a rural site about 10 kilometres of Innisfail.
- Redford constructing cabinet with largely recycled material Edmonton Journal - Wed, 12 Oct, 2011
Prairies News Headlines
- Group gardens help Calgarians achieve sense of communityWed, 12 Oct, 2011
- Cabinet hopefuls on 'pins and needles'Wed, 12 Oct, 2011
- Police seeking identity of human remains found near InnisfailWed, 12 Oct, 2011
- Passengers evacuated after smoke spotted coming from C-TrainWed, 12 Oct, 2011
- Violence spikes in cramped women’s prisonsWed, 12 Oct, 2011
- New faces along with veterans in Redford cabinetWed, 12 Oct, 2011
- John Hammond returns to acoustic blues on latest albumWed, 12 Oct, 2011
- Mandel in New York to meet with Bettman and Katz on downtown arenaWed, 12 Oct, 2011
- Massey Lecture series on winter blows into townWed, 12 Oct, 2011
- Timeline: How Slave Lake burnedSun, 15 May, 2011
- Victim defended drunk driverTue, 29 Mar, 2011
- Harper's ham-handed 'handlers' raise eyebrows among local ToriesTue, 29 Mar, 2011
- Grey Cup hosting hazyTue, 29 Mar, 2011
- First Nations taking on wind powerTue, 29 Mar, 2011
- Two men in stolen car killed in highway collision near WakawMon, 21 Nov, 2011
- Friendship Inn seeks winter clothing donationsMon, 21 Nov, 2011
- Magna Electric Corp. named 2011 business of the yearMon, 21 Nov, 2011
- Charter issues play into guilty pleaThu, 17 Nov, 2011
- Cellphone name alerts police to suspectWed, 16 Nov, 2011