Members of the Prince Albert Fire Department spent a lot of their Christmas weekend responding to calls.
While some were false alarms, there was also a structural fire and a vehicle fire.
On Boxing Day, they responded to a vehicle fire at 3:13 am on Davis Road in the RM of Prince Albert.
According to a social media post by the department, the vehicle was fully involved in flames when fire fighters arrived.
They extinguished the fire and no injuries were reported.
Also on Dec. 26, a 1:00 am, members were called to dumpster fire in the 2800 block of 6 Ave. East.
The fire was extinguished before it could spread to other areas and no injuries were reported.
Members were called out five times on Christmas Day, starting at 1:00 am.
The 1:04 am call was outside in the area of 9Ave. West and 15th Street.
“On arrival there appeared to be an unattended outside fire. After an investigation there was an unapproved fire pit, trash and other unapproved items were being burnt,” said the PAFD in a social media post.
The fire had extended outside of the fire pit so crews extinguished it. No damage was done to any surrounding structures. At 6:15 am, crews responded to the 200 block of 10 St. East but found it was a false alarm. A pull station was activated without cause.
At 10:30 am, they attended a structure fire in the 500 block of 26 St. East.
When crews arrived, light smoke was coming the back of the structure.
“Crews made entry into a lower level suite, located a fire in a bedroom, and extinguished the burning materials. The fire was contained to the room of origin,” said the PAFD.
The rest of the building was checked for fire and smoke extension. After the unit was cleared of smoke, the building was turned over to the owner.
No injuries were reported.
Another mistaken call came in at 5:00 pm in the 500 block of 7 St. East. The caller thought that a plumbing vent giving off steam was smoke.
An hour later crews were off again to the 900 block of Exhibition Drive for an outside fire.
When they searched the outdoor kitchen, they found a few burnt twigs that had already been extinguished.
Crews had also been called out three times on Christmas Eve.
An accidental false alarm that was reported at 7:30 am on the 1600 block of 2 Ave. west was followed by a second false alarm at 9:00 am.
That call, was found to be the result of a faulty smoke detector.
The third call was for a lift assist at about 3:20 pm and was at the 1600 block of 1 St. East.
The person was helped to a position of comfort and no injuries were reported.
Susan McNeil, Local Journalism Initiative Reporter, Prince Albert Daily Herald