A $250,000 reward is being offered to anyone who can provide information leading to the arrest and conviction of the vandal who cut the cable on the Sea-to-Sky gondola twice in one year.
General manager Kirby Brown announced the reward Friday afternoon, 11 days after the gondola's cable was found severed on Sept. 14.
"This individual on both occasions came very close to hurting people. It hurt our community, it certainly hurt our business," Brown said.
"This is an individual who is a criminal who needs to be caught and brought to justice."
The thick cable, cut overnight on Sept. 14 in an apparent act of vandalism, left staff stunned and bewildered.
The same incident happened on Aug. 10, 2019. Almost 30 gondola cars were ruined, resulting in between $5 and $10 million in damage.
Last week, RCMP said investigators could not confirm if the vandalism incidents are linked or whether the same person might be responsible for both crimes.
No arrests have been made.