Protein Chickpea Salsa Verde
Yield: 1 1/2 cups
This salsa verde hits all the marks of acidity, spice and deliciousness — and it has an extra boost of nutrients! You can eat it with roasted veggies, proteins or plant-based proteins as well.
1 cup cooked chickpeas
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1/2 cup lemon juice or vinegar
1 teaspoon garlic
1 cup spinach
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup water
1. Blend until smooth.
2. Keep refrigerated in an airtight container for up to five days.
Garlicky Lemon Dressing:
This is a fresh and super tasty dressing that you can make in under two minutes! Eat it with your favorite mixed greens, roasted veggies or fish.
Finely grated zest of 1 medium lemon
2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice (about 1/2 a lemon)
1 garlic clove, minced
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1. Combine olive oil, lemon zest, lemon juice, minced garlic, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
2. Let sit for five minutes and then whisk.
Allow me to introduce my three-ingredient tahini dressing — it’s so delicious that it’s like liquid gold, and I always have some on hand! This one goes amazingly well with pretty much any salad, roasted veggies or proteins.
1/3 cup tahini
1 medium lemon, juiced
1-2 tablespoons maple syrup
1 pinch sea salt (optional)
1 clove garlic, mined (optional)
3-6 tablespoons water
1. Add tahini, lemon juice and maple syrup to a medium mixing bowl. If adding salt and garlic, add now.
2. Whisk to combine. Then, slowly add water until the mixture is creamy and pourable. The mixture may seize up and thicken at first, but continue adding water a little at a time and whisking until creamy and smooth.
3. Taste and adjust flavor as needed, adding more lemon juice for acidity, salt for saltiness or maple syrup for sweetness.
4. Enjoy fresh or store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
If you enjoyed these recipes, check out these tips and recipes to help you do a post-summer healthy reset!
The post 3 delicious salad dressings you can make in under 5 minutes appeared first on In The Know.