$75,000 in damages after Erie Street building burns

One person arrested, one in critical condition after suspicious Windsor fire

Windsor firefighters fought a blaze in a building that was under renovations at 914 Erie Street East Thursday afternoon.

The fire started in an electrical panel in the basement, eventually causing an estimated $75,000 in damages, according to John Lee, chief fire prevention officer.

Lightning can cause such electrical fires, but no cause had been determined yet. High winds and rain moved through the area around the time of the fire, causing some power outages. 

The basement sustained fire damage and the upper part of the restaurant sustained smoke damage.

There were no injuries. He says the fire is ruled accidental.