Amy Winehouse’s mum has paid a moving tribute to her late daughter nine years after her death.
Janis Winehouse posted a picture on Twitter of a pair of high heels that are thought to have belonged to the Back To Black singer, along with a lit candle.
“Love Janis Xxx,” she captioned the poignant shot.
The touching post marks nine years since Winehouse died of alcohol poisoning at the age of 27.
A black and white picture of the singer was posted on the official Amy Winehouse Twitter account, along with the dates of her birth and death “14.09.1983 - 23.07.2011” and a heart.
The singer’s dad Mitch Winehouse shared a picture of her earlier this week, telling followers how much he missed her.
“It’s going to be a hard week,” he wrote. “We miss our baby so much.
“But with our wonderful family and friends, we will get through it.”
“We are working on plans for a new project within the Amy Foundation,” Mitch added, referring to the charity that was set up in the late star’s memory.
“Amy teaches us all to take care of each other.”
The singer was remembered by many other fans on the anniversary, including singer-songwriter Paul Weller, who said she had “one of the greatest voices that music has seen”.
Nine years ago today, we lost one of the greatest voices that music has seen. Forever in our hearts Amy Winehouse ✊ pic.twitter.com/Cod2BYrnLB— Paul Weller (@paulwellerHQ) July 23, 2020
“Forever in our hearts Amy Winehouse,” he added.
When Amy tragically passed away on July 23rd 2011, it not only broke the hearts of her family and close friends, but of people across the world. pic.twitter.com/dNlFFf96Nt— AmyWinehouseFdation (@AmysFoundation) July 23, 2020
Winehouse released her debut album, Frank, in 2003, but achieved widespread fame and international acclaim with her follow up, 2006’s massive hit Back To Black.
She enjoyed huge success with singles such as Rehab and Valerie but also fought a well-publicised battle with drug and alcohol abuse.
The singer was found dead at her home on 23 July 2011 and an inquest later found that she had died of alcohol poisoning.