- Exported MERS cases 'very likely,' WHO warns; Canada … The Canadian Press - 2 hours 32 minutes ago
TORONTO - Countries should be on the lookout for cases of MERS in people returning from Middle Eastern countries affected by the virus, the World Health Organization said Thursday in an updated risk assessment of the new coronavirus. The number of known infections has skyrocketed in recent days, with Saudi Arabia alone …
- Saskatoon veterinary students ride on the Magic School Bus CBC - 3 hours ago
Instead of submitting academic papers, a group of veterinary students at the University of Saskatchewan are using the Magic School Bus to showcase their studies.
- Woman who took snow-buried dog says she faces theft charges CBC - 7 hours ago
A Kent County woman who took a tethered dog from a snowed-in doghouse says she's being charged with theft.
- Cat missing 5 years returned to Indiana woman thanks to implanted … The Canadian Press - 12 hours ago
- Britain's Prince William bids farewell to Australia, reveals … The Canadian Press - 13 hours ago
- Limit dog tethering to 4 hours council committee recommends CBC - 13 hours ago
- WHO concerned by sharp rise in MERS cases; 75 per of recent cases … The Canadian Press - Wed, 23 Apr, 2014
The World Health Organization expressed concern Wednesday about the recent sharp rise in MERS cases in Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates. Between them, the two countries have announced nearly 150 new infections with the MERS coronavirus this month. In fact, the cases announced so far in April represent 43 per …
- Chloe the stolen French bulldog reunited with owner CBC - Wed, 23 Apr, 2014
A 10-month-old French bulldog, who was stolen from a downtown Vancouver tattoo parlour and art gallery Thursday, has been reunited with her owner.
- Summer movie preview: 10 anticipated indies, from 'The Rover' … The Canadian Press - Wed, 23 Apr, 2014
NEW YORK, N.Y. - More exotic creatures thrive in the shadows of summer blockbusters. This one, which will premiere at the Cannes Film Festival, stars Guy Pearce and Robert Pattinson and is set in a near-future Australia where the world economy has collapsed and bandits roam the Outback. It charts a fictional family over …
- Dog rescued from thin ice reunited with owner CBC - Wed, 23 Apr, 2014
- Producers want more federal help to deal with highly contagious … The Canadian Press - Wed, 23 Apr, 2014
Ideas include federal funding for special washing facilities at key points across Canada to properly clean biohazards out of big trucks used to transport livestock. "These trailers need to be able to drive in, in the middle of winter, when they have frozen manure on them, and they need to be able to wash all of that out …
- Abused dogs and cat investigated by BC SPCA CBC - Wed, 23 Apr, 2014
The BC SPCA is investigating three cases of animal cruelty in the southern interior, as the province observes Animal Cruelty Prevention Day.
- Massive Alberta bighorn might be biggest ever CBC - Tue, 22 Apr, 2014
- Alberta hopes to ram world record with humongous horns from bighorn … The Canadian Press - Tue, 22 Apr, 2014
EDMONTON - Wildlife officials in Alberta think they've found the big one. They believe a set of spiral horns on the skull of a bighorn sheep found east of the Rocky Mountains will set a new world record. Neil Brad said Tuesday that the horns, weighing about 18 kilograms, must be left to dry for a couple of months before …
- In latest round of change in pharmaceuticals industry, Novartis … The Canadian Press - Tue, 22 Apr, 2014
GENEVA - Swiss pharmaceutical firm Novartis AG launched a major overhaul of its business Tuesday, unveiling a series of multibillion-dollar deals with Britain's GlaxoSmithKline PLC and the U.S.'s Eli Lilly & Co. that heralds more restructuring in the fast-changing industry. Joseph Jimenez, the CEO of Basel, Switzerland-based …
- Earth Day: Is sewage sludge safe for farm fields? CBC - Tue, 22 Apr, 2014
- Novartis, GSK, Lilly sign multibillion-dollar deals to trade … The Canadian Press - Tue, 22 Apr, 2014
GENEVA - Swiss pharmaceutical giant Novartis AG announced a series of multibillion-dollar deals Tuesday with other major pharmaceutical companies that it said would reduce sales but boost profitability, while affecting some 15,000 of its employees globally. The two drugmakers also are creating a new consumer health care …
- Angus the cat returns home after 8 years missing CBC - Tue, 22 Apr, 2014
- M&A talk lifts European shares, euro dips to two-week low Reuters - Tue, 22 Apr, 2014
By Marius Zaharia LONDON (Reuters) - M&A talk in the pharmaceutical sector lifted European shares on Tuesday, but failed to support the euro, which dipped to a two-week low against the dollar as ECB policymakers renewed efforts to weaken it. Meanwhile, investors continued to see tensions in Ukraine as a threat to riskier …