As the weather gets cooler, we're constantly looking for unique ideas to entertain ourselves during overcast fall afternoons. Baking, for example, is one of these fun ways we occupy ourselves -- you can always catch us in the kitchen trying out new recipes!
One of our newer autumn favorites? Pumpkin chia olive oil cake by Brewing Happiness. The popular blogger shared this simple, naturally sweetened cake with us to make at home. Packed with a slew of superfoods, unique flavors like pepitas, and natural honey, we know this simple recipe will quickly become a fall favorite.
Photo: Brewing Happiness
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 2/3 cup Pompeian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2/3 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 325*F.
- In a large bowl, whisk together pumpkin puree, Pompeian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil, honey and chia seeds until smooth and combined.
- Add in eggs one at a time, whisking in between until each is well combined.
- Add in all-purpose flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Stir just until combined, not until smooth. Don't overmix!
- Grease a circular baking pan with more olive oil. Pour batter into the baking pan.
- Bake for 40 – 45 minutes. Let sit for at least 10 minutes before serving.
- Slice and top with yogurt, honey and pepitas.
For more fall baking inspiration, watch the video above.