The Ask and Expert series hosted by the County of Simcoe in partnership with the Sandbox Centre, XcelerateHER, Grant Thornton LLP, and RBC, invites business and organization leaders to attend a webinar about the impact that the COVID-19 pandemic has had on women in business and the window of opportunity that lies ahead to ensure a more inclusive recovery.
Many of the hardest hit sectors in industry that are struggling to recover have a high percentage of woman in their workforce.
This includes such busi-nesses as retail, travel, and hospitality.
The webinar will feature national leaders and a panel of ambitious women in business from across the region.
Topics up for discussion include:
• Further advancing progress for women in the workplace and help-ing women get back into the workforce.
• Rise of exible working and the bene ts of new working practices.
• How businesses can communicate cultural values of inclusiveness to every member of the organization.
• Views on whether new working practices will impact women’s ca-reer trajectories long term.
• Progress towards further gender parity in senior management.
Speaker during the webinar will include:Hon. Jill Dunlop, MPP for Simcoe North, Marjolaine Hudon, RBC regional president, Michelle Alphonso, Partner & National Transaction Advisory, Grant Thornton, LLP, Claudine Cousins, CEO Empower Simcoe, Lisa Bertram, presi-dent of Bertram Construction, and Stephanie Stoute, founder Curio.
The Ask and Expert seminar will take place on Thursday, June 9, from 10:00 am to 11:30 a.m.
The is free event but registration is required.You can register at: www.askanexpert_womeninbusiness.eventbrite.ca.
Brian Lockhart, Local Journalism Initiative Reporter, New Tecumseth Times