It’s a tough time to celebrate a birthday. But Robert Downey Jr.’s was made a little happier by a classic line from his fellow Avenger, as Chris Evans wished Robert Downey Jr. a happy birthday for his 55th celebration.
Although the two were sometimes at odds in the films, they are tight off-screen. Evans posted an image of the two in character at Avengers headquarters and captioned it “Happy birthday to one of my absolute favorites! Love you 3000,” which is what Tony Stark tells his daughter in Avengers: Endgame.
More from Deadline
- Neil deGrasse Tyson Looks To The Stars - Of Comic Books, That Is, In Day-Long Tweetstorm
- SXSW Rounds Out Keynotes And Featured Speakers With Katie Couric, Chris Evans, RZA, Frank Oz And More
- Chris Evans In Early Talks To Play Dentist Orin Scrivello In 'Little Shop Of Horrors'
While the last film’s ending doesn’t hold out much possibility of a reunion between the characters unless there’s a major twist, they will always have real life.
— Chris Evans (@ChrisEvans) April 4, 2020
Best of Deadline
- Coronavirus: New York & U.S. Post Worst Single-Day Death Tolls; Global Cases At 1.07 Million - Update
- Coronavirus: Movies That Have Halted Or Delayed Production Amid Outbreak
- Hong Kong Filmart Postponed Due To Coronavirus Fears; Event Moves Two Weeks Before Toronto