Remember all those fire drills in elementary school? At the time, they might have been a (welcome) escape from class, but they also instilled some pretty important lessons in your school-aged mind, as one California boy proved last weekend.
When Nathaniel Stocks of Phelan, California woke up early to find smoke in his home, the five-year-old acted fast.
“Stop and then drop and then roll,” he told reporters at ABC News. “When there’s a fire in your room, and the smoke goes high, you should get down and crawl to your door.”
Only two days before, Nathaniel’s class had taken a class on fire safety, so when a space heater caused his home to engulf in flames, he knew to stay safe by crawling under the smoke to escape.
Nathaniel then went to wake up his grandmother, Kimberly Ratliff, who later told reporters the flames were huge outside her bedroom door.
Once outside, the pair realized their pet Chihuahua, Tinkerbell, was trapped inside the house. Nathaniel calmly asked his grandmother toRead More »from Five-year-old saves grandma from fire, two days after taking fire safety class