A Toronto woman is warning dog owners to keep extra vigilant after a terrifying elevator accident nearly cost the life of one of her pets.
Tamara Seibert told the Toronto Sun that the leash of her 50-kg Rottweiler was caught in the door of her condominium's elevator, lifting the hefty creature off of the ground and nearly choking it to death.
She fought to free him from the leash, breaking two fingers in the process, before finally the leash snapped and the dog fell to the ground, panicked but alive.
Seibert posted a video of the incident her Facebook page and warned followers that the accident, which happened nearly a month ago, could happen to anyone.
"I am posting this because thank god my dog survived but I want to warn people how fast something so simple can go horribly wrong," she wrote. "I never want anyone else to ever go through this. You can't see my face but I've never been so hysterical in my life."
[ Related: Toronto mayoral debate: Who won, who lost? ]
Seibert concedesRead More »from Dog nearly strangled in terrifying Toronto elevator mishap