If you follow the buzz on Twitter, you'd see that the Calgary mayor is Canada's newest political rock star.
Social media aficionados are praising Nenshi for his handling of the flood situation. He's been front and centre and cool under fire.
More on the Alberta floods:
- Alberta floods: How you can help
- Alberta announces $1 billion in funding for flood recovery
- Efforts turn to cleanup and recovery after Alberta flood waters recede
- Photos: Alberta floods and the damage done
- Complete coverage: Flooding in Alberta
And it's not just folks on Twitter — some of Canada's largest news organizations are lauding the man.
In the Globe and Mail:
Read More »from Naheed Nenshi’s handling of Calgary floods lauded by news media, twitterverse alike
Mr. Nenshi has been such a superbly effective leader during the flood that has devastated his city and other Alberta communities that he appears on his way to folk-hero status. On Twitter, a movement started to demand that he take a nap. He has been up around the clock, and given news conferences in the middle of the