The creators of a poster campaign following a string of sexual assaults at the University of British Columbia have a message for the perpetrator and anyone like him: don't be a rapist.
CBC reported the posters appeared around campus without any indication of who printed them following three sexual assaults on young women in the last few weeks. In each attack, the suspected perpetrator, described as a Caucasian male, dragged the woman and reached under her skirt until she screamed and scared him away, according to the Globe and Mail. The newspaper reported another student was punched in the face during a similar attack on Saturday.
Police handed out whistles and safety tips, while others created the series of posters giving out advice.
- Don't be a creep! Learn how to manage your sex drive.
- Make consent part of your approach.
- Learn how to deal with rejection.
- Recognize that many women are bombarded with sexual interest.
- If you slip up, and everyone does, learn how to make amends.
Some observers,Read More »from UBC ‘Don’t be a rapist!’ posters have message for attacker