Anthony Sedlak, Canadian superstar chef, found dead at 29

Chef Anthony Sedlak, host of The Main on the Food Network.Food Network host and winner of the Superstar Chef Challenge Anthony Sedlak has been found dead, The Ottawa Citizen is reporting.

Sedlak is said to have died suddenly of an undiagnosed medical condition and was found in his home in Vancouver on July 6. His body was found at approximately 7 p.m., but the exact time of death is still to be determined.

The press release issued did not give a cause of death.

"The Sedlak family thanks Anthony's fans and associates for all their love, devotion and condolences," the press release said.

Sedlak is best known for hosting The Main on Food Network Canada, and released a cookbook with the same title. The young chef managed to change his earlier image in 2010 when he dropped 50 lbs. Earlier this year, Sedlak co-opened the American Cheesesteak Co. in Vancouver,The Toronto Sun reports.

Sedlak was 29 at the time of his death.

UPDATE: Food Network Canada has posted a blog on the news of Sedlak's death:

"This morning we received tragic news that Anthony Sedlak (The Main, Family Cook-Off) had passed away.

It is with a heavy heart that we share this news with our Food Network Canada community. We would like to extend our deepest sympathies to Anthony’s family during this difficult time...

Anthony had a vivacious spirit and fervor for cooking and it was our privilege to have worked with him. His passing is a terrible loss and he will be sadly missed by all of us at Food Network"

The page will be updated with a tribute to Sedlak.

(Canadian Press photo)