A graphic video showing a woman’s decapitation has once again been pulled from Facebook, two days after it came to light that a recent policy change allowed videos of this nature on the site.
According to the BBC, the decision to allow videos of beheadings on the site came back in July, when Facebook quietly made a policy change. The company informed staff that this content would be allowed, but the decision did not draw public attention.
Earlier this week, the BBC was contacted by readers after Facebook users complained to the social network giant about a clip of a woman being beheaded by a man in a mask, uploaded on October 16. They told the BBC that Facebook was refusing to take it down.
“The video shows a woman having her head cut off by a man in a mask,” the user told BBC.
“She is alive when this happens. Looking at the comments a load of people have reported this to Facebook and had the same reply.”
[ More Right Click: Hacker exposes Facebook security flaw on Mark Zuckerberg’s wall ]Read More »from Facebook reverses decision to allow beheading video on website