Lindsay Lohan Blows Off NYC Court Appearance, Stays in London to Party

Kathleen Perricone
The Juice

Lindsay Lohan clearly has her priorities in order.

On Monday morning, the “Liz & Dick” actress was supposed to be in a New York City courtroom to meet with a judge and the prosecution for the 3rd degree misdemeanor assault charge she was booked for on November 29 after she allegedly punched a psychic in the face at a nightclub. But Lohan, 26, was a no-show and remained in London, where she has been since late December … and where she has been partying up a storm!

Although Lohan’s failure to appear in court could have resulted in a warrant issued for her arrest, she lucked out once again. Prosecutors asked the judge to delay proceedings! During an impromptu press conference held outside the courthouse on Monday morning, Lohan’s New York-based lawyer, Mark Heller, noted this could mean the case may not move forward … and the actress could be exonerated.

Two days before her court date, Lohan – who was paid $100,000 by Brunei’s Prince Haji Abdul Azim to party with him across the pond – was photographed wide-eyed stumbling out of a London nightclub at 5 a.m. During another wild night out over the weekend, huge bruises could be seen up and down the star’s left arm as she covered up her head with a jacket.

On Sunday, Dina Lohan gave a bombshell interview to the New York Daily News, in which she said the reason her daughter is “so screwed up” is because she witnessed her father Michael abuse her mother during their marriage, which ended in 2007. “She saw a lot of crazy stuff,” Dina, 50, tells the paper. “I want the world to know the root of her problems.” She added that she got the courage to tell her story after her famous daughter saw a 1986 photo of her mother and father posing with her as a baby … and Dina’s right eye is purple. “When Lindsay saw the photo, she was furious,” said Dina. “She said, ‘Tell the world! Talk about it!’”

In the bombshell interview, Dina also claims that Michael raped her on Valentine’s Day 1990 when they were separated. “He was out of jail and on another coke-fueled night,” she shared. “He said, ‘I love you and I want to be with you,’ but then it went dark. It went dark really quick.” Dina says that night he raped her in a bedroom at her parents’ home with her children, including Lindsay, under the same roof. “[They] were sleeping, and I just knew I had to stay quiet – I don’t want to wake them.”

It’s unclear why Dina is bringing all this up now, but Michael has his theories. Her reasoning, he says, is “because she’s drinking and partying with Lindsay,” he told the Daily News. “And she keeps robbing Lindsay … She is the devil.”

Michael is now engaged and expecting a baby, his sixth child (he has four with Dina and a 17-year-old daughter from an extra-marital relationship). His fiancée, Kate Major, tells omg! that they are just focusing on their new life together, not the past. "I find it silly to entertain my fiancé’s ex wife's insane accusations from 25 years ago!"