Boy who went missing two months ago in Florida found safe in New Brunswick: RCMP

MONCTON, N.B. — The RCMP in New Brunswick says a six-year-old boy from Miami reported missing more than two months ago has been found safe today in Moncton, N.B.

The Mounties issued a series of tweets saying the child, reported missing to the Miami-Dade police department on Aug. 27, was unharmed.

A 45-year-old man sought in the U.S. probe was arrested at a business in Moncton and is in police custody, as is a 68-year-old woman who was also sought by U.S authorities.

The woman was arrested in Saint-Paul, N.B., about 40 kilometres northwest of Moncton.

The Miami-Dade police have previously identified the two adults as the boy's father and paternal grandmother.

The FBI was investigating the case with Miami-Dade police and the U.S. National Center for Missing and Exploited Children and had said it was possible the three may be in Maine or Eastern Canada.

This report by The Canadian Press was first published Oct. 30, 2022.

The Canadian Press