SASKATOON — A threatening phone call led to charges being laid in an explosion last week outside Saskatoon's provincial courthouse.
The blast happened late Wednesday evening near the front doors of the building.
Part of the cover over the entranceway was damaged, but no one was hurt.
Police later said they ruled out international terrorism.
Insp. Randy Huisman says someone called police dispatch the next day saying they would "finish the job" at the courthouse.
Rodney James Wilkie, who 44 and from Saskatoon, is facing numerous charges, including intent to cause an explosion and threats to cause damage.
"A threatening call was made to the Saskatoon police communications unit in which a man stated he would finish the job at the courthouse," Huisman said. "The scope of the investigation then increased to include this development."
Police searched two homes in Saskatoon and a vehicle and made an arrest on Sunday.
Huisman said police are still investigating whether there are any links between the explosion and a backpack containing fireworks found in front of the courthouse in February.
Wilkie's next court date is Wednesday.
(CJWW, The Canadian Press)
The Canadian Press
Note to readers: This is a corrected story. A previous version said there were two calls and the job would be finished on Thursday.