Chelsea Football Club is the Premier League champion for 2016-17 thanks to a remarkable turnaround under first-year manager Antonio Conte, who enjoyed the latest upswing of the pendulum that has represented the highly successfully and often turbulent reign of owner Roman Abramovich.
In the latest “FC Yahoo Podcast” (available on iTunes and SoundCloud), Alex Baker, Joey Gulino, Leander Schaerlaeckens and I pinpoint the key factors and defining moments of Chelsea’s fifth championship season in the Premier League era.
We also gave our thoughts on the Champions League finalists, Juventus and Real Madrid, who will meet June 3 in Cardiff. And of course, we gave Leander ample time to discuss the European run of his beloved Ajax, which will meet Manchester United in the Europa League final on May 24 in Stockholm.
Joe Lago is the editor of FC Yahoo. Follow him on Twitter @joelago.
More from FC Yahoo:
• Chelsea’s pendulum of chaos swings back to the top of the Premier League
• Chelsea clinches Premier League title with typically efficient 1-0 win at West Brom
• FC Barcelona launching a satellite club in America in the NWSL
• Manchester United advances to Europa League final amid chaos at Old Trafford
• Ajax reaches Europa League final in spite of heart-pounding 3-1 loss to Lyon
• Arsenal can finish top-four, but it might be better if the Gunners don’t