Twenty-one COVID-19 cases in Saskatoon are now linked to a single social gathering and officials say there are likely more to come.
The gathering took place indoors, at a residence in the city earlier this month, the Saskatchewan Health Authority said in a statement Wednesday.
More than 40 people were at the gathering. The current public health order restricts gatherings to a maximum of 30 people.
The health authority said it is considering enforcement options.
Officials have already found transmission to people who did not attend the gathering. If the SHA isn't confident it can identify all close contacts affected, a public health alert will be issued.
"During the pandemic do not attend events outside your home even if you think you just have a cold," the statement said.
Ten new cases of COVID-19 were reported in Saskatchewan on Wednesday. Seven of them are in Saskatoon, one is in Regina, one is in the north east zone and the location of one case is pending.
There were four more recoveries Wednesday, meaning there are now 107 known active cases in the province. Four people are in hospital with the illness in Saskatoon.
WATCH | Premier Moe reiterates the importance of following public health guidelines:
Shoal Lake exposure
The Northern Inter-Tribal Health Authority is advising the public about potential COVID-19 exposure in a northern Saskatchewan First Nation.
Someone who tested positive for the virus had taken part in a baseball event in Shoal Lake when they were likely infectious.
The authority says they were at the event from 12 p.m. to 5 p.m. CST on both Sept. 5 and 6. Anyone who was at that event during those times is urged to immediately self-isolate if they have had symptoms of COVID-19 and to call 811 or their community health clinic to arrange for assessment and testing.
CBC Saskatchewan wants to tell more stories about how the pandemic is touching the province's most vulnerable and marginalized populations. How has COVID-19 affected you? Share your story with our online questionnaire.