Duval was one of several drivers to be affected by the clash between the Le Mans 24 Hours and the original DTM calendar, which featured a clashing race at Anderstorp, before the global coronavirus pandemic caused the latter to be extensively revised.
The new schedule still features a conflict with the rescheduled Le Mans date however, as the second Nurburgring round falls on the same September 19-20 weekend.
Loic Duval, Audi Sport Team Phoenix
Audi Communications Motorsport
The 38-year-old says he still feels he has "maybe four or five" years left to compete at the top level, with a full-time return to prototype racing on his radar.
"Prototypes are really what I love," Duval said. "Also there are some new things happening in endurance [with the LMH and LMDh rules] in the future, so we will see.
"As long as I can compete like I did with Rebellion at Silverstone last year or this year at Daytona [with JDC-Miller], I have a role to play in this game. I want to win Le Mans again, I want to win Daytona overall, I’d like to win Petit Le Mans as well."
Asked if therefore he pictures his future outside of Audi, Duval replied: "I don’t know what Audi is capable of offering me. If it’s customer racing, I’m not sure I’m ready for that move.
"Formula E for sure is not an option. And then if they don’t do DTM it’s just customer racing. I’m not saying no, but the question mark is what Audi is able to offer, [whether] there is something in the pipeline in the future.
"But I don’t see a lot of opportunities [within Audi] so I’m looking at everything."