- Nova Scotia wine association puts a cork in marketing plans CBC - 1 hour 35 minutes ago
- Foreign worker program benefits some N.B. businesses CBC - 1 hour 48 minutes ago
- Saint John man gets wheelchair repairs from province CBC - 2 hours 2 minutes ago
- High gas prices prompt lifestyle rethink for Nova Scotians CBC - 3 hours ago
- Language commissioner calls for bilingual crews for Ambulance New Brunswick The Canadian Press - 3 hours ago
FREDERICTON - New Brunswick's official languages commissioner issued a report Thursday urging the Health Department to order Ambulance New Brunswick to have bilingual ambulance crews everywhere in the province. D'Entremont said the contract between Ambulance New Brunswick and the provincial government contains a provision …
- Organ donor rule change may presume consent in Nova Scotia CBC - 3 hours ago
- J.D. Irving's Crown forest contract made public CBC - 3 hours ago
A 25-year agreement between J.D. Irving Ltd. and the provincial government for the company's forest operations on Crown land was released in the New Brunswick Legislature Thursday by Natural Resources Minister Paul Robichaud.
- Nova Scotia considers reverse onus legislation on organ donations The Canadian Press - 3 hours ago
HALIFAX - The Nova Scotia government is considering legislation that would require people to opt out if they don't want their organs and tissues donated after they die, Health Minister Leo Glavine says. Glavine said Thursday the government is looking at the possibility of reverse onus legislation and wants to gauge public …
- Cape Breton man, 87, dies after Port Hastings car crash CBC - 3 hours ago
An 87-year-old man from Skye Glen, near Whycocomagh, has died following a car crash Wednesday afternoon in Port Hastings, say Nova Scotia RCMP.
- Medical emergency leads to airlift off Flemish Cap CBC - 3 hours ago
A crew member from a Portuguese fishing vessel off the coast of Newfoundland was airlifted to Gander on Thursday after a reported medical emergency.
- Cannes screening of "Relative Happiness" a major boost for Newfoundland director The Canadian Press - 4 hours ago
ST. JOHN'S, N.L. - Newfoundland director Deanne Foley still can't quite believe it's true. Her second feature-length movie "Relative Happiness" will have its world premiere May 20 as part of a showcase of Canadian productions running parallel to the Cannes Film Festival in France. Telefilm Canada selected the movie to …
- Halibut industry gets $150K in government funding CBC - 5 hours ago
Federal and P.E.I. fisheries ministers have announced more than $150,000 for the P.E.I. Fishermen's Association to conduct research on expanding the halibut industry.
- Kerry Campbell: In the House, April 24, 2014 CBC - 6 hours ago
The CBC's Kerry Campbell reports from the P.E.I. Legislature.
- Newfoundland's largest health board appoints interim president and CEO The Canadian Press - 8 hours ago
ST. JOHN'S, N.L. - Newfoundland and Labrador's largest health board has appointed a former deputy minister as its interim president and CEO. Eastern Health says Don Keats will take over the position on May 5. Keats is a former deputy minister of health and community services, has served as CEO of three former health care …
- Rescued sealer gets boat back after evacuation CBC - 8 hours ago
A sealer who rescued off Newfoundland's southeast coast last week when his boat was too close to an iceberg was pleasantly surprised when he got his vessel back over the weekend.
- Labrador toddler's family pays it forward at blood clinic CBC - 8 hours ago
- Cooke Aquaculture secures facility to process salmon CBC - 8 hours ago