Two men have been charged with a total of 24 robbery and firearms-related offences after five Edmonton banks were robbed in March and April.
The men, aged 30 and 37, were arrested April 12, the same day as the last of five robberies, Edmonton police said in a news release Thursday.
Both suspects are allegedly connected to these robberies:
- March 16, in the area of Rabbit Hill Road and Terwillegar Drive
- March 21, in the area of 52nd Street and 167th Avenue
- March 28, in the area of 178th Street and 66th Avenue
- March 30, in the area of 131st Street and 137th Avenue
- April 12, in the area of 97th Street and 161st Avenue
In each robbery, the suspects reportedly threatened the use of a weapon and fled the scene with an undisclosed amount of money, police said.
The investigation continues.