Felicia Teo case: Man accused of her murder to undergo psychiatric evaluation

Amir Hussain
·Senior Reporter
·3 min read
(PHOTOS: Facebook / Danial Enemiko, Crime Library Singapore)
(PHOTOS: Facebook / Danial Enemiko, Crime Library Singapore)

SINGAPORE — A 35-year-old man charged last month with the murder of a 19-year-old student who went missing more than a decade ago will undergo psychiatric evaluation.

Singaporean Ahmad Danial Mohamed Rafa’ee appeared at the State Courts on Thursday (7 January) via videolink from Central Police Division, where he is currently being remanded.

The police prosecutor successfully applied for the suspect to undergo psychiatric evaluation at Changi Prison Complex Medical Centre, saying that they have completed investigations into the case.

The case will be mentioned again at the State Courts on 28 January.

A team of lawyers led by Shashi Nathan was hired by Ahmad’s family to represent him. Shashi said police investigators have allowed him to briefly speak to his client via teleconference.

Charged with murder together with man

Singaporean Felicia Teo Wei Ling went missing in 2007, and her fate was revealed on 17 December last year when Ahmad was charged with murdering Teo with common intention, together with another man, 32-year-old Ragil Putra Setia Sukmarahjana.

Both men were reportedly the last people to see Teo alive.

According to Ahmad’s charge, the murder took place between 1.39am and 7.20am on 30 June 2007 – the day of Teo’s disappearance – at a flat in Block 19 Marine Terrace. No details were given yet on how the crime was carried out.

The two men are also believed to have disposed of Teo’s body, which the police are currently still searching for. Ragil is not in Singapore and the police are attempting to locate him.

Ahmad, who went by the name Danial Enemiko on his social media accounts, is listed as a creative manager at Razer, a Singapore-founded electronics company, since April 2020.

His LinkedIn page states that he studied at Lasalle College of the Arts – the same institution as Teo – from 2000 to 2004, specialising in Communication, Design and Advertising.

Case initially classified as missing persons case

According to a police press release, Teo was last seen at Ragil’s flat along Marine Terrace. Past media reports said she visited the flat following a party at the LaSalle College of the Arts campus.

Ragil and Ahmad, both of whom were at the flat, reportedly said that Teo left the home in a huff at around 2am after they complained about her mobile phone’s jarring ringtone.

The police said that officers interviewed both men after Teo was reported missing by her mother three days after her disappearance, on 3 July 2007. The duo claimed that Teo had left the flat of her own volition, and no incriminating evidence was found after a search of the flat.

While CCTV footage captured Teo entering a lift at Ragil’s block with two men to go up, it did not catch her leaving the 10th-floor flat. Searches conducted by family and friends also turned up fruitless.

As the police did not find any evidence linking Ragil and Ahmad to Teo’s disappearance, the case was classified as a missing persons case and a police gazette was issued.

Stay in the know on-the-go: Join Yahoo Singapore's Telegram channel at http://t.me/YahooSingapore

Related stories:

Felicia Teo case: Man accused of her murder remanded for another week

Man charged for murder of Felicia Teo, teen who vanished in 2007

Felicia Teo case: Man accused of her murder now has lawyers