Fire crews have evacuated a building on the University of Toronto's College Street campus after they received a call for an explosion in a chemistry lab.
Toronto Fire District Chief Stephan Powell says crews got the call just after 6 p.m. Thursday. The explosion happened in a fume hood and several chemicals were spread around as a result.
"We're trying to ascertain the exact substances involved and what needs to be done to mitigate the situation," Powell said.
So far, no injuries have been reported. No other buildings in the area have been evacuated.