Three people are facing 22 drug and firearms charges after an arrest in the Calgary's Beltline led to a raid on a house nearby and seizures of various airguns, throwing knives, bear spray and drugs.
Police said they arrested a man around 17th Avenue and 18th Street S.W. on April 11. They seized methamphetamine, throwing knives and a can of bear spray.
Later in the day, police executed a search warrant on a nearby residence and two others were taken into custody.
Inside the residence, police said they found drugs and weapons, including a flare gun modified to shoot 12-gauge shotgun shells.
Other items seized include:
- Psilocybin, methamphetamine, heroin and LSD.
- Scales and packaging.
- A .357-calibre Crossman airgun.
- A .177-calibre Crosman Vigilante airgun.
- A Crosman C11 semi-automatic airgun.
Charges against Calgarians
Terry Peter Junior Ketlo, 35, has been charged with numerous weapons and drug charges, including trafficking, possession of proceeds obtained by crime and possession of a weapon for a dangerous purpose.
Tyler John Hartman, 37, faces four charges: possession for the purpose of trafficking, possession of a controlled substance, possession of a weapon for a dangerous purpose and possession of break-in instruments.
Brittany Leigh Ottenbreit, 31, has been charged with possession of a controlled substance, unauthorized possession of a firearm, breach of recognizance and seven outstanding warrants.
- MORE CRIME NEWS | Arrest made 16 years after shooting death of Calgary musician Paul Hepher
- MORE CRIME NEWS | Murder trial begins for man accused of hiding wife's remains in home with kids