Ford says he stands by federal assessment that AstraZeneca vaccine safe for people 55+

Ontario Premier Doug Ford on Monday reacted to Prince Edward Island suspending use of the AstraZeneca vaccine, currently being used for those 18-39, and said they had been advised by the federal government and health officials the vaccine was still safe for those 55 and over. He said if there is indeed health concerns for giving the vaccine to those under 55 he will not use it, but asked if those who have gotten the AstraZeneca vaccine through the pharmacy pilot have “rolled the dice,” he again stressed it is safe in the opinion of the province's medical experts for people 55 and over.