In the wake of President Trump’s announcement that the U.S. will pull out from the Paris Agreement, newspapers nationwide and around the world took swipes at the decision on Friday’s front pages. Trump’s move drew criticism from American business and world leaders, including his now-former White House advisory council members Tesla CEO Elon Musk and Walt Disney CEO Robert Iger. In the days leading up to the announcement, both reportedly urged him to keep the U.S. in the accord. The U.S. is now committed to a four-year process of leaving the group of more than 190 countries that pledged to curb their greenhouse gas emissions in the historic international agreement.
Read more from Yahoo News:
- How the Trump administration’s secret efforts to ease the Russian sanctions fell short
- White House officials struggle to answer questions about Trump’s withdrawal from Paris accord
- Pittsburgh mayor fires back after Trump invokes Steel City in climate announcement
- Franken: Clinton should ‘move on’ from election loss
- Photos: Heavily armed men storm hotel and a casino resort in Philippine capital