For someone who is usually contoured to perfection and not one to stray away from full-on glam, Kim Kardashian has been going for softer, non-toured makeup moments these days. And as many would agree, we are totally here for it (raising emoji praise hands left and right).
Instead of showing up with a complete makeover, Kim K. served up a simple yet chic make-under at the 2017 Met Gala. She wore a white body-hugging gown, a Cleopatra-like hairstyle, and very subtle makeup where there was more of a focus on elongated spider-leg lashes, dabs of fresh highlights, and an overall neutral-toned base.
We love that the reality star is embracing a look that’s a little less intimidating and gives more of a nod to natural beauty. To find out exactly how to duplicate her Met Gala moment, Yahoo Beauty caught up with makeup artist Neil Scibelli, and got the lowdown on how to take this look from red carpet to real life.
2. Use Urban Decay Ultimate Basics Eyeshadow Palette to blend the Extra Bitter shade all over eyelids. To brighten and create a lighter wash of peach, also blend in the Blow shade to center of eyelids.
3. For highlight, use NARS Albatross Highlighting Blush to the inner corners of each eye using a small, flat eyeshadow brush. Also, use the same blush to trace a soft highlight along the brow bone.
4. To get an elongated flutter, apply Ardell Glamour Wispies Black Lashes. Pro tip: Fan lashes for roughly 10 seconds to make the lash band tacky and keep it from sliding around on the eye.
6. Apply two layers Maybelline Volum’Express the Colossal Spider Effect Washable Mascara to comb natural lashes and faux lashes together seamlessly. Then add a heavy layer of mascara to lower lashes. Pro tip: For more curl and lift, stroke mascara behind upper lashes.
7. Use a small flat brush to apply NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer in a swatch one shade lighter than your skin tone.
8. Take Japonesque’s Kumadori Fan Brush to lightly blend on the deeper hue of Make Up For Ever’s Sculpting Kit to define perimeters of the face, and upward along the jawline for added dimension. Pro tip: Make sure to also blend down into the neckline — so your face and neck color match.
9. Use Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed Highlighter in Champagne Pop to highlight down the bridge of the nose.
10. For lips, start by lining the bottom lip with Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Lip Pencil in Naked2. Finish with a swipe of KKW Creme Liquid Lipstick By Kylie Cosmetics in Kimberly.
Read more from Yahoo Style + Beauty:
- Kim Kardashian Proves Less is More at the Met Gala
- Everyone Who Wore Pat McGrath at the Met Gala
- Olivia Culpo‘s Lilac Smoky Eye Is the Perfect Springtime Look