We’ve purchased our tickets and memorized quotes in preparation for the DC blockbuster Justice League. Our favorite shero is back in action on the big screen, and it’s time the world gave Diana Prince props for being such an incredible force.
To really help us get into the mindset of all things Wonder Woman, Yahoo Lifestyle tapped Kérastase consulting hairstylist Matt Fugate to re-create the superhero’s figure-8 braid. Even if your hair isn’t thick or long, you can achieve this look with a few clip-in extensions and some patience. And remember: Flyaways are OK!
1. Part hair into three sections — left, right, and back.
2. Separate a middle section from the back and clip away.
3. Add clip-in hair extensions. Having difficulty getting pieces to say put? Try backcombing roots before clipping for a stronger hold.
4. Use middle section to cover extensions and add volume.
5. Apply Kérastase Paris Hair Mousse Bouffante to front sections for grip and pliability.
6. Cross two front sections over the top middle section and begin to create a figure-8 braid down to ends. Pro Tip: Pull tightly on braid for definition.
7. Add more hair from each side as you work your way down.
8. Secure hair at end of braid with an elastic.
9. Gently tug braid to thicken.
10. Use bobby pins to position braid at the crown and secure.
11. Finish with a touch of Kérastase Elixir Ultime Original Oil to enhance shine.
Makeup details: Sephora PRO artist Chris Sams used Sephora Collection Bright Future Gel Serum Concealer to highlight underneath the eyes, on the center of the face, and along cheekbones. He lined the eyes with Sephora Collection Pro Warm Palette-Cedar using the Sephora Collection Pro Angled Liner Brush #22 before applying Marc Jacobs Velvet Noir Major Volume Mascara. Next, Sams filled in brows and warmed up the skin with Too Faced Sweetie Pie Radiant Matte Bronzer and Sephora Collection Perfection Mist Nude Glow. To finish, Bite Beauty Agave Lip Mask in Smashed was smoothed onto lips for a natural flush.
Watch more #CopyThat tutorials from Yahoo Lifestyle:
- Kim Kardashian spends hours contouring her face. Here’s how to get the look in less time.
- This sunset smoky eyeshadow look is perfect for brown-eyed girls
- There’s no mystery here: How to get Michelle Pfeiffer’s ‘Orient Express’ vintage waves