The "Airway Clearance System Market by type, Application: Global Opportunity Analysis and Industry Forecast, 2019-2026" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
According to this report the Airway clearance market size is expected to reach $922 million by 2026, registering a CAGR of 4.7% from 2019 to 2026, in terms of value.
Airway clearance techniques are used to slacken thick, sticky mucus so it can be cleared from lungs by coughing or huffing. Clearing the airways may help to reduce lung infections and improve lung function. There are some methods that help people suffering with conditions such as cystic fibrosis to attain a healthier lifestyle. ACTs are physical or mechanical means of simplifying the elimination of tracheobronchial phlegm through the external or internal management of air flow, and the removal of phlegm via coughing. These products loosen thick, sticky lung mucus so it can be cleared by coughing. Clearing the mucus from the airways helps in lowering lung infections and improve lung function. These airway clearance devices find their application in the treatment of various disorders including emphysema, cystic fibrosis, neuromuscular, bronchiectasis and others.
Rise in The prevalence of cystic fibrosis, asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) across the globe is the major factor driving the airway clearance market growth. The growth of the market would be enhanced due to increase in healthcare expenditure, growth in the use of automation in healthcare industry, and rapid adoption of advanced medical solutions. Currently, most of healthcare practitioners and pulmonary diseases specialists prefer a combination of a drug and a device, for instance inhaler and nebulizer, owing to its fast and effective outcome. However, the market growth could be hindered due to high cost associated with the airway clearance systems and side effects occurring due to excessive dosage, and lack of awareness regarding drug inhalation.
The market is segmented on the basis of type, application, end user, and region. By type, it is bifurcated into positive expiratory pressure, high frequency chest wall oscillation, oscillating pep devices, intrapulmonary percussive ventilators and mechanical cough assist. Based on application, the market is segregated into emphysema, cystic fibrosis, neuromuscular bronchiectasis. By end-users it is segmented it is classified into hospital & clinics, ambulatory surgical centers, homecare settings and others Region wise, it is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
- The study provides an in-depth analysis of the market along with the current trends and future estimations to elucidate the imminent investment pockets.
- It offers a quantitative analysis from 2018 to 2026, which is expected to enable the stakeholders to capitalize on prevailing market opportunities.
- Comprehensive analysis of all geographical regions is provided to determine the prevailing opportunities.
- Key players are profiled, and their strategies are analyzed thoroughly to understand the competitive outlook of the global market.
- By type, the positive expiratory pressure (PEP) segment accounted for the highest market share of 27% in 2018 and is anticipated to grow at the fastest rate during the forecast period.
- By region, North America was the major shareholder and accounted for the highest share of 44% in 2018.
- By application, neuromuscular segment is expected to grow at a CAGR of 5.4% during the forecast period.
- By end user, the hospitals segment dominated the market in 2018 and is anticipated to maintain its dominance during the forecast period.
- Rise in incidence of cystic fibrosis (CF)
- Surge in government initiatives towards controlling respiratory disorders
- Low awareness regarding cystic fibrosis in developing nations
- Various growth opportunities in emerging economies
- Allergan plc
- Dymedso Inc.
- Electromed Inc. Ltd.
- General Physiotherapy IncHill-Rom Holdings Inc.
- International Biophysical Corporation
- Koninklijke Philips N.V. (Philips)
- Monaghan Medical Corporation Inc.
- PARI GmbH
- Thayer Medical
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/it4d0m
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900