If you’ve driven past Swiss Chalet Orangeville lately, you’ve likely noticed the missing sign, dumpster out front and new colour on the building.
JUST THE FACTS
• Although there has been some fear of the restaurant possibly closing, we’ve confirmed Orangeville will still be offered a full-service rotisserie-style dining experience in the future.
• Following an approved site plan application to the Town of Orangeville to update the building, the dining room to Swiss Chalet and Harvey’s was closed to make way for renovations to the interior and exterior.
• Restaurant owner, Sergio Tavares, said the renovation is on target to be completed in either the third or last week of October.
• “We’re trying to keep it up to date, as it’s an old building,” he said.
• Although the original plan included a 193 square-metre addition to the northwest part of the existing building, Tavares said the building will not undergo an expansion at this time. “We’re doing a full renovation inside and outside the building,” he said.
• Despite concerns that the restaurant is not in operation, Tavares assured customers that it is still mostly business as usual.
• “All dining is closed in the dining room for Swiss Chalet and Harvey’s, but everything else is open for take out, drive-thru, and delivery.”
Tabitha Wells/Local Journalism Initiative Reporter, Orangeville Banner