Can you imagine how President Hillary Clinton - a Woman with a powerful mind - would have handled this pandemic?— Barbra Streisand (@BarbraStreisand) June 29, 2020
Being a mother and grandmother, she would’ve instinctively taken care of the public health of the people of the United States.
She wouldn’t have ignored the pandemic plans, cut the CDC and defunded the World Health Organization.— Barbra Streisand (@BarbraStreisand) June 29, 2020
Such a pity that this man who wasn’t elected by a majority of the people holds our lives in his very small hands.— Barbra Streisand (@BarbraStreisand) June 29, 2020
I would have read my damn briefs, Barbra, that's for sure. https://t.co/YSZS0Lvqo9— Hillary Clinton (@HillaryClinton) June 30, 2020
Trump has previously claimed he doesn’t need to receive daily intelligence briefings because he is “smart.”
The president continues to face widespread criticism over his administration’s response to the public health crisis as the number of new infections soars to record levels.
The virus has now killed more than 128,000 people nationwide.
Streisand, who campaigned for Clinton four years ago, last month slammed the federal response to the pandemic, describing Trump as ”dangerous to our health.”
“We cannot afford four more years of malice, division and lies, and neither can our planet,” she said at a virtual fundraiser for presumptive Democratic nominee Joe Biden. “We don’t need a bully as a president who picks fights and rules by retaliation. Let’s face it: Trump is unfit mentally and morally to hold this office.”
Streisand has in the past called Trump a “conman.”
“In this upcoming election, we must bring back dignity and grace,” she wrote in an op-ed for Variety in March.
Clinton, meanwhile, this week continued speaking out against Trump’s pandemic failings by repurposing the slogan he used to campaign against her.
A HuffPost Guide To Coronavirus
- Stay up to date with our live blog as we cover the COVID-19 pandemic
- 7 essential pieces of relationship advice for couples in quarantine
- What you need to know about face masks right now
- How to tell if you need to start doing online therapy
- Lost your job due to coronavirus? Here’s what you need to know.
- Parenting during the coronavirus crisis?
- The HuffPost guide to working from home
- What coronavirus questions are on your mind right now? We want to help you find answers.
- Everyone deserves accurate information about COVID-19. Support journalism without a paywall — and keep it free for everyone — by becoming a HuffPost member today.
Also on HuffPost
This article originally appeared on HuffPost and has been updated.