Canadian ski cross athlete, India Sherret, took a hard, crashing fall today in PyeongChang. As she lost her balance on a landing, she attempted to regain her stance before the next quickly incoming hill, but unfortunately the hill got the best of her.
She remained down for a few minutes as the emergency crew ran to her aid. Eventually she was escorted off the hill safely. No further reports of exactly what injuries she sustained in the crash, but it looked gnarly.
This brings back nightmares of the other brutal crashes we’ve seen during these Olympic Games:
Hopefully an update on her injuries will come through soon. Fingers crossed for the Canadian.
More Olympic coverage from Yahoo Sports:
• North Korean cheerleader breaks protocol, cheers USA
• The Olympics’ worst skier might be the most inspiring
• Ivanka to represent U.S. at Olympic Closing Ceremony
• Canadian women suffer historic curling loss
• A bittersweet ending for Lindsey Vonn