A 15-foot-long king cobra took refuge inside the kitchen of a family in a village in eastern India.
Shocked to spot the enormous snake, the family fled their home and called snake expert Pradip Senapati.
Senapati rescued the deadly snake and released it in a protected area in the presence of local forest officials.
Subhendu Mallik of Snake Helpline said: "The rescuer did a great job saving the life a king cobra. However, he compromised with safety and must not neglect to wear proper shoes always."