Newfoundland and Labrador reported one new case of COVID-19 on Saturday, with a presumed positive case related to a worker travelling to a mine site in Labrador City.
The new confirmed case is a male in the Central Health region between 40-49 years old.
In a media release, the provincial Department of Health said the new case is travel-related and the man is a resident of the province. The department said he was returning to the province from Alberta.
"While travelling to the province, the individual was asymptomatic. He has been self-isolating since arrival and following public health guidelines," the media release reads.
The department said contact tracing is underway and anyone considered a close contact will be advised to quarantine.
Previously, the province had gone six days without a new case of the virus.
The province's caseload is now 271, with 266 people having recovered and three deaths since March.
There are two active cases in the province.
In total, 34,934 have been tested as of Saturday's update — 431 in the last 24 hours, marking the largest single-day increase since the pandemic began.
Presumptive positive related to Labrador City mine
Meanwhile, the Iron Ore Company of Canada says a contractor coming to its Labrador City mine site from outside the province has presumptively tested positive for COVID-19.
In a memo to employees Friday evening, obtained by CBC News, the company said the person is from New Brunswick and received a presumptive positive test result during a regular screening of out-of-province workers.
A spokesperson from New Brunswick's health department told CBC News Saturday, however, that the worker is not from New Brunswick.
The person did not proceed to the work site in Labrador City and immediately self-isolated, the memo from Daniel Allaire, general manager of processing operations, reads.
"The individual will continue to remain in isolation until cleared by public health," wrote Allaire.
"This is a very clear reminder to us all to continue with our tried and tested protocols related to COVID-19, and remain focused on following all public health guidelines in place both on site and in our communities."
In Saturday's media release, Newfoundland and Labrador's Department of Health said additional testing through the provincial Public Health and Microbiology Laboratory is being completed to determine if this is another confirmed case.