Jack & Soph is a weekly sports podcast hosted by Jackie Redmond of the NHL Network and Sophia Jurksztowicz formerly of Hockey Night in Canada.
On This Episode
With the year coming to a close, Jackie and Sophia reflect on their favourite sports moments and personal memories of 2018. But rather than just counting down the Top 10, Jack and Soph put their own spin on it by telling us what lessons they learned from these moments:
10) The rise of Gritty: Anyone can be famous in 2018 as Gritty continues to captivate the world despite being an ugly, cruel, orange … hockey mascot.
9) Fergie’s national anthem blunder: Fergie put it all on the line at the NBA All-Star Game with her bold rendition of the Star Spangled Banner, proving that “If you risk nothing, you risk everything.”
8) DeMar DeRozan trade: If you didn’t already think loyalty was dead, it’s hard not to be swayed after what went down with the Raptors this summer.
7) Hockey madness: An expansion team went to the Cup Final, John Tavares signed with the Leafs, the Senators traded Erik Karlsson — if there’s anything we learned about the NHL in 2018, it’s that you can’t predict anything.
6) William Nylander standoff: If there’s anything to take away from this drawn out saga, it’s that couples should put deadlines on arguments.
5) Tiger Woods is back!: It was a long time coming for Tiger and his fans, but it was definitely worth the wait.
4) Serena ‘Scandal’: No story ignited as many hot takes as Serena’s outburst at the U.S. Open.
3) Dealing with advserity: James Hinchcliffe had a rough go of things in 2018, but as he shared with Jackie he learned a valuable lesson from it.
2) Ovechkin gets his Cup: The best things in life are worth waiting for, as Alex Ovechkin showed after finally winning the Stanley Cup.
1) Summer of Ovi: Nobody has celebrated as hard as the Washington Capitals, and nobody will celebrate that hard ever again.
Episode 10: The best and worst traditions in sports
More Jack & Soph content from Yahoo Sports Canada