- Kristin Cavallari is a reality TV star and best-selling author.
- Cavallari spoke with Insider about her split from Jay Cutler, which the former couple announced on Instagram in April.
- Though she says every situation is different, Cavallari told Insider that she and Cutler have found co-parenting success by focusing on their children and navigating around their emotions.
- Visit Insider's homepage for more stories.
Kristin Cavallari, known for her time starring on MTV's "Laguna Beach" and "The Hills," announced in April that she and former NFL player Jay Cutler were divorcing.
The reality star and best-selling author posted a photo to Instagram citing a "situation of two people growing apart" as the reason for their divorce. Though, US Weekly reported that court documents named "inappropriate marital conduct" and "irreconcilable differences" as the reasons for the divorce filing.
Her caption read: "With great sadness, after 10 years together we have come to a loving conclusion to get a divorce. We have nothing but love and respect for one another and are deeply grateful for the years shared, memories made, and the children we are so proud of. This is just the situation of two people growing apart. We ask everyone to respect our privacy as we navigate this difficult time within our family."
The pair have three children together — Camden, 8, Jaxon, 6, and Saylor, 4 — and Cavallari told Insider that she and Cutler are working through co-parenting in the best way they know how to.
"I don't have any advice because I think every situation is different," she told Insider. "But I think that Jay and I are navigating through it in the best way possible and we're figuring it out. Some days are good and some days are bad, but we're making the most of the situation and putting our kids first."
The Uncommon James founder said that the kids are their No. 1 priority.
"They're the only things I care about right now," she said. "And so I'm removing any of my emotions or feelings and just thinking about them and putting them first."
- Read more:
- Kristin Cavallari shares her healthy sheet-pan nacho recipe that she says you don't need to eat on 'cheat day'
- Kristin Cavallari took us through every outfit she wore for a week, and the CEO's style is a huge departure from her 'Laguna Beach' days
- 31 iconic celebrity couples who broke up in the past decade
- 15 kids of celebrities who grew up in the past decade
Read the original article on Insider