Marriage Story actress Laura Dern is cleaning up this awards season with a Golden Globe, a SAG Award and many are putting their money on her to win the Oscar come February 9. Now, the Little Women star is heading to Quibi for the forthcoming series Just One Drink.
The mobile streaming platform, which launches April 6, is partnering with Jaywalker Pictures to develop the new project which will be a series of one-act vignettes between a bartender and the customers she serves, all of whom are in various states of emotional disrepair.
More from Deadline
- Quibi Orders 'Florida Man' Anthology Comedy Series From 'Blue Mountain State' Writers
- Bill Burr Series 'Immoral Compass' Set At Quibi
- Reese Witherspoon Presents Nature's 'Fierce Queens' On Quibi
The series will be written by Oscar-nominated screenwriter and award-winning author Nick Hornby (Brooklyn, State Of The Union) who will also serve as executive producer with Dern as well as Jayme Lemons for Jaywalker Picture and Elisa Ellis for Platform One Media.
Dern’s new project comes after the announcement of Quibi’s nature docuseries Fierce Queens which will be narrated by her Big Little Lies co-star Reese Witherspoon.
In addition to starring in Marriage Story and Little Women, two of the biggest films of the year, Dern has also starred in Star Wars: Episode VIII: The Last Jedi, The Founder, Wilson, Certain Women and Wild, which was adapted by Hornby. In 2016, Dern was selected to serve on The Academy of Motion Pictures Arts and Sciences’ Board of Governors.
Dern is repped by CAA and Untitled Entertainment. Hornby is repped by Casarotto Ramsay & Associates.
Best of Deadline
- Peacock Programming: List Of NBCUniversal Streaming Service’s Series, Films, Sports, News & More
- Stan Lee's Legacy: Ranking The Hollywood Heroes Co-Created By The Marvel Comics Icon
- Disney-Fox Deal: How It Ranks Among Biggest All-Time Media Mergers